Tuesday, January 2, 2007

I'm Leaving!

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope 2007 will bring much joy, happiness and adventure! I know my adventure is just
about to begin : )

In light of my new adventure, I have begun a blog to keep all of you updated without having to write 100 e-mails. I hope you like....

Counting down.......

I haven't even left my hometown of Stockton, CA and I'm already home sick. As all of you know, I'm off to sunny Miami (currently about 80 F, yes please be jealous) and while maybe a year ago I would have been throwing it in everyones face this time around I'm just not. I'm actually a little depressed I'm off to an exotic location, that has plenty of stories in the making, with alcohol to spare, and parties that just don't stop. Am I getting too old? If thirties are the new twenties, then at 25 I must be 15, so NO. Is it the fact I'm in a long term relationship? I've read space makes the heart grow fonder, well my heart is currently overwhelmed with fondness, so maybe. Is it that I've been living in my parents house like a teenager with no responsibilities (i.e. rent, free food, free utilities, yes please be very jealous)? YES!!!! Is it that image and attitude in Stockton, CA is just a wee bit different that Miami (SOUTH BEACH), FL? Ummm YES! Is it that Is it that I'm a Cali girl at heart? YES! YES! YES!

Yes I know I'm complaining about moving to fabulous Miami and none the less having (yes having) to live right in the heart of South Beach. But I think I'm just getting too old. YES OLD! I'm OLD at 25. At 25 I'm just done with change and thats part of getting old I figure because I more than welcomed changed at >25. MOVING for one is not the greatest thing in the world and I've had to MOVE three times YES 1, 2, 3 in less than two months. THEN the fact that I have to fit 3 months worth of clothes, stuff and MORE stuff INCLUDING my big thick blanket in two suitcases and a carry-on is NOT FUN! And with no money now that I'm a student I can't just buy stuff when I get there. But I'm sure I will be able to afford more than my fair share of ramen noodles. Oh ramen noodles how I've missed you.

bye-bye Cali


hello Miami



hmmmm....

Anywho, I'm off to terrible Miami this Thurs., Jan 04. I'll semi-officially be an east-coaster. yay : (

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay a blog! this way i can live the excitement of moving and schooling thru you!